[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Fri Jan 10 10:20:02 PST 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 01:15:37PM -0500, Andrew wrote:
> > 	I can't say that I've ever seen a laptop *without* functioning
> > APM.
>
> My Compaq Evo N160.  ACPI only.  And broken ACPI, at that.  I've been
> following the intel/linux/etc ACPI development efforts and have battery and
> thermal status, but no sleep functionality whatsoever.  I hear it has
> improved in 2.5.x as the kernel and drivers are supporting STR and STD but I
> haven't jumped up there yet.

And if you haven't tried 2.5 yet, how in the world would you expect it
to get better?

{sigh}  Sorry, just a bit grumpy that very few people are reporting any
problems in 2.5 because they aren't using it, and somehow they expect it
to get better.  Don't worry, I'll get over it...

greg k-h