[linux-elitists] Harmful things according to google.

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Fri Jan 10 09:52:36 PST 2003

begin  Alan DuBoff  quotation:
> There are certain cases where a goto works best, and it's hard to
> dispute that. As an example, (W.) Richard Stevens used goto
> statements in some of his socket routines, and I would challenge
> someone to come up with a better solution to the problem at hand in
> less machine cycles. It just can't be done.

	It can in a language that supports proper exceptions.

	Hell, all loop structures are really just syntactic sugar on
"goto".  Even function calls are just a goto with a stack.  There's
nothing preventing folks from implementing the standard "goto out;" as
something like "throw properly_named_exception;".

--
A: No.