[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Fri Jan 10 09:48:34 PST 2003

begin  The Mighty Silverback  quotation:
>     AB> Based on your testimony and that of a couple of other here it
>     AB> sounds like Linux has been improved in this area, although I'm
>     AB> still not totally convinced that your experience is typical.
>
> Well, I suspend and resume my Thinkpad 600E as a matter of course,
> without any adverse effects.

	Likewise, I never shut down any of my laptops (thinkpads 600E,
600X, T22, and sony vaio).  Hell, I even have suspend-to-disk working
on the vaio such that it hibernates when battery reaches critical.

	I can't say that I've ever seen a laptop *without* functioning
APM.

--
A: No.