[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Mister Bad mr.bad@pigdog.org
Fri Jan 10 09:46:32 PST 2003

    RM> More concisely: if I wanted to buy an expensive proprietary
    RM> Unix workstation, I'd buy from Sun, not Apple.

    AB> I think that's a mistake.  If you [...] have to lapse to dogma
    AB> to handle a question, then you're really not answering.

People who have them call 'em "ethics". People who don't call it
"dogma."

The answer is really simple: OS/X is not Free. There are several free
and usable alternatives.

    AB> I'll grant that your reasons for not liking OSX are probably
    AB> just as valid now as they were two months ago, but will they
    AB> still be valid in a year?  In two years?

Is OS/X going to an OSI-approved license in one year? Two years? If
not, then how is the ethical response to the question going to change?

~Mr. Bad