[linux-elitists] Harmful things according to google.

Sean Neakums sneakums@zork.net
Thu Jan 9 22:10:35 PST 2003

commence  Modus Operandi quotation:

> James Morris <jmorris@intercode.com.au> looked into the void, and said:
>> For no particular reason I ran a google search on "considered harmful",
>> and the following items were returned on the first few pages:
>>
>>   "Reply-To" Munging
>>   Go To Statement
>>   Threads
>>
>> Apart from the 2nd item, it does look like a pretty good list of things to
>> avoid.
>
>   Google "Edsger Wybe Dijkstra": he's the one who said it.

Yes, yes he did.

goto is an excellent way to move error code out of the fast path,
something that is quite important in the real world, where machines
run programs at a finite speed that is always Too Slow.

--
[|] Sean Neakums            |  Questions are a burden to others;