[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 9 17:29:45 PST 2003

Quoting Andy Bastien (lists+linux-elitists@yuggoth.net):

> I think that's a mistake.  If you (or anyone, but you're a good
> example for the moment) have to lapse to dogma to handle a question,
> then you're really not answering.

I'll be polite and assume you must have posted this to the wrong list
thread, by mistake.  Because the alternative is to assume that you're
labelling starting assumptions you don't happen to share as "dogma",
which would be both brainless and insulting, and is the sort of crap I
expect of OS-advocacy types.[1]

> You should be re-evaluating your opinions as time goes on and not
> reverting to the party line.  I'll grant that your reasons for not
> liking OSX are probably just as valid now as they were two months ago,
> but will they still be valid in a year?  In two years?

I fed this through a semantic-analysis routine.  Oddly, it came out
null.

[1] I don't do OS-advocacy, for reasons inherent in open-source
licensing.  If for some reason this is an unfamiliar concept, please
see:  http://smh.com.au/articles/2002/12/26/1040511127721.html

--
This message falsely claims to have been scanned for viruses with F-Secure
Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange and to have been found clean.