[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Thu Jan 9 12:38:58 PST 2003

On Thursday 09 January 2003 08:49, Adam Lazur wrote:
> I get the same, 3 - 5 hrs with Linux on my iBook 700. I also got 3-5hrs
> with Linux on a Powerbook Ti 400 before that.

That's good to hear. I was previously running Debian on a Pismo PowerBook,
the last of the black shell and I was dual booting Mac OSX BETA at Debian,
and the one thing that annoyed me about Linux was that the suspend and sleep
didn't work properly so the battery life was quite less.

OTOH, the classic environment in Mac OSX BETA was capable of crapping out the
entire machine, similar to how Mac OS9 did (which I personally find a
discrace to Apple that it crashed so much). Hopefully Jaguar has those things
fixed, but I lost my laptop when the company laid my entire department
off...there was the biggest pile of PowerBooks I've ever seen in my life on
that day we gave our equipment back...(majority of people were from Apple,
even the CEO and his wife went all the way back to working on the Lisa;-).

Awesome laptops, but you pay a premium for them. I saw they announced a new
12" TiBook.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.