[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Thu Jan 9 10:24:02 PST 2003

> An arm, a leg, and your left nut.
> Last I checked, $8k for Naturetech, upwards of $30k for Tadpole.

And what's the big deal about getting a notebook "just" for unix?  Just about
any notebook runs Linux or *BSD just fine in my experience.  You may have to
pay a bit more for one with a real modem and APM in lieu of ACPI, although
I've almost got ACPI working 100% on my Evo N160.

I mean it's geeky goodness to have 64 bits in your lap but I prefer to have a
cheaper laptop with decent battery life.

Regards,
Andrew