[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Thu Jan 9 08:23:19 PST 2003

On Thursday 09 January 2003 07:24, Andy Bastien wrote:
> You can't buy a new Mac without an OS.  It's a different situation
> from the PC world

<sarcasm>
Yeah, I've noticed how the DOJ have made that so...it's now possible to find
about 2 different laptops that come without a bundled OS, not to mention the
wonderful array of desktop and tower cases.
</sarcasm>

The fact is that there is very little selection, and aside from those of us
who primarily piece systems together, most of the hardware vendors are still
playing the "we have to pre-load it down your throat" game in fear that we'll
pay more for ms-dos.

Sure, you can say, "oh, but there is so and so to buy from", and I won't
dispute that as I know there are minority cases as I've pointed out.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.