[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Andy Bastien lists+linux-elitists@yuggoth.net
Thu Jan 9 06:37:40 PST 2003

We have reason to believe that on Wed Jan 08 Tom Duffy wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 17:15, Andy Bastien wrote:
> > left off?  From what I've seen with Linux, you can count yourself
> > lucky if you can suspend a laptop and bring it back up.
>
> This is just not true.  I have a ThinkPad T21 running 2.4.19 that I
> suspend and resume twice a day and my current uptime is two weeks.  This
> is much better than Win2K which will die after the second or third
> suspend/resume cycle.  The laptop I had before that, a Dell, did not
> have any problem either.

Based on your testimony and that of a couple of other here it sounds
like Linux has been improved in this area, although I'm still not
totally convinced that your experience is typical.  Still, I'm glad to
hear it and I do hope that Linux laptop support gets to be even better
in the future.  I'm still not giving up my iBook, though.