[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Thu Jan 9 05:21:40 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 04:42:15AM +0200, Bulent Murtezaoglu said:

> (customize what is another question).  Do you folks actually use any
> of that Gnome or KDE stuff?  Is there anything to be gained by firing
> up a gazillion processes, running a bar and getting decorated xterms
> that eat up screen real estate?  I can see how drag and drop can be

The same thing that is gained by having pictures of your loved ones or
calendars with pictures of your favorite make of sports car on the walls
in your desk or cubicle.  Places where people have to work all day every
day need to places you enjoy being.  Different people need different
things in a space in order to enjoy it.

I'd certainly have more desk space without pictures of my wife and
children on it.  That would be more efficient.  It would also make work
slightly less enjoyable, which would hurt my productivity.

--
Shawn McMahon            | Emacs: It's a nice OS, but to compete with
AIM work: spmcmahonfedex | Linux or Windows it needs a better text