[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 8 21:11:04 PST 2003

Quoting Bulent Murtezaoglu (bm@acm.org):

> Do you folks actually use any of that Gnome or KDE stuff?  Is there
> anything to be gained by firing up a gazillion processes, running a
> bar and getting decorated xterms that eat up screen real estate?  I
> can see how drag and drop can be handy sometimes.  What else?

I think the idea is to get everyone used to running dozens of little
applications all the time, so they'll get inured to the sprawl, which in
turn will make the world safe for highly modular, component/CORBA-based
coding, which thereupon will save the world and prevent baby Jesus from
crying.

Stay tuned.  PNG in a pop-up utility at 11 (with dynamic links to
gtkhtm, libcamel, bonobo, bonobo-conf, gdk-imlib, libart, libaudiofile,
libbonobo-conf, libbonobo, libcomerr, libdb3, libesd, libfreetype,
libgal, libgconf, libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2, libgdk-pixbuf, libglade-gnome,
libglade, libglib, libgnome-pilot, libgnome-vfs, libgnome32,
libgnomeprint, libgnomesupport, libgnomeui32, libgtk, libgtkhtml,
libkrb, libldap, liboaf, liborbit, libpam, libpopt, libsasl, libsoup,
libssl, libwrap, libxml, oaf, and zlib).

--
Cheers,                              Yes, I _am_ an agent of Satan,
Rick Moen                            but my duties are largely ceremonial.