[linux-elitists] Why haven't you switched to MacOS X yet?

Josh Neal josh@unixmercenary.net
Wed Jan 8 19:09:07 PST 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 07:04:56PM -0800, Rich Bodo wrote:

> We talked about aqua at the last consultant's luncheon.  OSX has some
> appeal to me, even though I almost never use a GUI.  When I do, tho, I
> make heavy use of virtual desktops.  Each desktop is a bunch of
> related stuff I'm working on.  How do you get by without them on OSX?
> I didn' see an equivalent when I explored it.

Shareware. CodeTek's Virtual Desktop is pretty slick; there are some similar apps but I've not used them.

-josh

--
Josh Neal
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer."