[linux-elitists] Re: Outlook corrupts (Larry M. Augustin)

Ben Woodard woodard@redhat.com
Tue Jan 7 12:36:43 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 06:12, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 03:55:00PM -0800, Ben Woodard said:
> >
> > Do you realize what you are saying here? You prefer "sameness" and a
> > lack of surprises to honest to goodness real experience. Sure going into
>
> Perhaps he's in that location for a reason that is more important than
> experiencing new food, and getting sick would cause a problem.  Perhaps
> trying new food isn't his number one priority, and thus is best done
> when getting sick wouldn't interfere with something of higher priority.

I guess I'd argue that life is nothing more than an experience and this
overall experience that we call life is made up of hundreds of thousands
of little experiences along the way. Therefore the overall quality of
your life is directly related to the quality of the little experiences
that you choose for youself.

So it may seem like a small thing at the time but consistantly not
reaching for the gusto ultimately leads to a rather low quality
experience overall.
--
Ben Woodard <woodard@redhat.com>
Red Hat Inc.