[linux-elitists] Re: Outlook corrupts (Larry M. Augustin)

Michael Bacarella mbac@netgraft.com
Mon Jan 6 16:22:25 PST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 03:55:00PM -0800, Ben Woodard wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 07:07, Michael Bacarella wrote:
> > Honestly, there are times when travelling that I thank $DEITY_OR_UNDEF
> > when we find a McDonalds.  Not because I particularly care
> > for their food, but because I know exactly what to expect
> > from it when I'm in some small town in the middle of nowhere
> > and the alternatives are "JIM'S! THE CADILLAC OF DINERS!"
> > and the bar/strip club with sawdust on the floors.
>
> Do you realize what you are saying here? You prefer "sameness" and a
> lack of surprises to honest to goodness real experience. Sure going into
> any unfamiliar place is to one extent or another a crap shoot. It may be

[...]

> You get none of this when you go into McDonalds.

I prefer playing it safe when I have 8 hours of road ahead of me.

Sorry.

--
Michael Bacarella  | Netgraft Corp
                   | 545 Eighth Ave #401
 Systems Analysis  | New York, NY 10018
Technical Support  | 212 946-1038 | 646 641-8662
 Managed Services  | http://netgraft.com/