[linux-elitists] out of orifice autoreplies

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Mon Jan 6 15:46:44 PST 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Eric Murray wrote:

> that solves the problem for me, but then punishing email-ignorant
> people doesn't give me much of a thrill.

I've written personal messages to them. Informative ones. Always the same
offenders. Never write back, with a few notable exceptions. (Some CAS guy
forgot to include that list into his filters). I tell them to contact
their sysadmin. They never do either.

Email-ignorant people who need to use out of orifice autoreplies for their
business can be expected to understand the basics of courtesy. Similiarly,
as I can expect that people participating in traffic on the highway know
how to drive a car.