[linux-elitists] Re: Outlook corrupts (Larry M. Augustin)

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Mon Jan 6 11:45:30 PST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 13:25, Chris DiBona wrote:
> > And exactly how many cases of that are there, again?
>
> What you want to look at are the incidences of children in brazil, peru,
> chile and othrs entering puberty 5 years sooner than they should due to
> the excess hormones that are not absorbed by the cattle entering the water
> supply.

Along the lines of other comments, I guess (a) you should cite your
sources and (b) said sources should be correcting their figures for
climate. Several years deviation between temperate and tropical
climates, with regard physical development, is normal.

If both of those are in line, I'd take such a comment seriously.

Later thread comments about not listening to such an argument on the
basis of ethics is bunk in my case. I don't listen to urban legends, and
unless such a claim is verified, I have to treat it that way.

As for MS being evil, no not really. They're doing what most of
corporate America would do with a lucky break in timing. The problem is
that the US has become a government of the Corporations, by the
Corporations and for the Corporations.

--
Aaron Sherman <ajs@ajs.com>