[linux-elitists] Outlook corrupts

Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Mon Jan 6 09:59:31 PST 2003

On Monday 06 January 2003 06:47, Derek Vadala wrote:
> I'm confused. Are you saying that hispanics are bad laborers?

Not at all, in fact they're doing what is probably a better job than other
people McD's can hire for the wages they pay. It just so happens that the
fact that their help doesn't speak english has hurt their business in our
area, because parents complain about getting wrong orders, which is then
being associated with the ability to understand their english.

Further to McD's quality problem, they now prepare their meat ahead of time
and throw it into a heat tray, lowering the quality even more.

The more I think about this, the more Marc's statement is correct. It's not
that McD's is not gourmet food, they're really not very good fast food
anymore.

> I would also like to point out (and if you got out of the house much you
> would realize this too) that the ethnicity of the minimum wage workforce
> varies enormously with geography.

I'm sure it does, and the comment was not meant as a racial slur, as you took
it, but as a fact. There are hispanics working at In-n-Out that know how to
construct a hamburger and understand the order. Kudos to them, they get my
business.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.