[linux-elitists] IM servers for Linux

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 6 00:20:55 PST 2003

Quoting Jeff Waugh (jdub@perkypants.org):

> Gale is still pushing on? If it's the "right" solution, how can it be
> further pimped?

I don't have much of a grasp on where the project stands, or whether it
has any more than negligible mindshare.  My remarks about it being
properly designed for security are based just on reading the (pretty
thin) docs, building it, and playing with it.

I think it can do gatewaying to Jabber, though, and will have to get
around to looking into that.

--
Cheers,                   I once successfully declined a departmental retreat,
Rick Moen                 saying that on that day I planned instead to advance.