[linux-elitists] IM servers for Linux

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Sun Jan 5 23:10:49 PST 2003

begin  PINE Is Proprietary Software  quotation:
> Actually David, I prefer how you put it to me on the phone last
> month.
>
> "Jabber is the software of the future, and always will be."
>
> At least I think it was you.

	I'm glad that particular meme is spreading.  I posited that
Jabber was the perpetual chat system OF THE FUTURE a few months ago
when I signed onto the jabber developer's conference and acted like a
pest.  They seemed unable to deal with a single pest in their
'conference', and had no mechanisms for filtering or ejecting me.

	Seems like a terrible system.

--
A: No.