[linux-elitists] out of orifice autoreplies

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 5 13:40:52 PST 2003

on Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 02:27:10PM +0100, Eugen Leitl (eugen@leitl.org) wrote:

> Does anyone have a procmail recipe to automatically send back an
> autoreply to an out of office autoreply? I want to teach a few
> academic idiots a lesson. They use out of orifice autoreplies on a
> 1.2 k strong mailing list.

I prefer the expedient of sending to (or copying) postmaster@domain
rather than just the idiot in question.  1.2k postmaster responses per
OoOAR messages might help instill some corporate / academic
discipline[1].  And bounced postmaster@ addresses are more fodder for
http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/

Peace.

Notes:

1.  Or just warm my twisted heart.

   Kudos to Gateway's Digital Music Campaing & stand against the RIAA.
     http://www.gateway.com/home/deals/offers/music/dmz.shtml