[linux-elitists] Re: Outlook corrupts

Ami Fischman usenet@fischman.org
Sun Jan 5 09:30:02 PST 2003

Quoting Marc Merlin, "Larry M. Augustin" <lma@lmaugustin.com> wrote:

>>Microsoft is to operating systems & security ....
>>                                      .... what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking
>
> Hmmm...  Is that meant to be a slam against MS?  Let's see:

I think the point you miss in your analysis is that the quote is not "MS is
to OS&S what McD is to _cooking_," but rather to _gourmet cooking_.  The
McD-positive side of your comparison takes into account every aspect of
cooking but the quality, and the original quote is only about the quality.

FWIW, I agree with the OP, and I think you do too (from your comment:
> If on the other hand, I really enjoy good food, and want a meal to
> savor, then I don't want to go to McDonald's.
).

Cheers,
--
  Ami Fischman