Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sat Jan 4 10:15:06 PST 2003

<quote who="Nick Moffitt">

> begin  Don Marti Lives Three Hours from Nowhere  quotation:
> > I personally like gnumeric but am not enough of a spreadsheet user
> > to compare it feature-for-feature to other spreadsheets.
>
> 	Does it have GRAPHS yet?

The 1.x versions of Gnumeric have had graphing stuff (via Guppi) for some
time. Unfortunately, Guppi is no longer being maintained, so Jody is looking
for other solutions for the next version of Gnumeric (the port to the GNOME
2.x platform, which is very stable, but he's not going to christen it stable
until it has the features he desires - particularly, graphing).

> I recall a list conversation where LMA pulled out "pivot tables" as some
> obscure feature that gnumeric lacked.  He was trying to shoot down a
> "gnumeric is good enough" rant, but the REAL winner was that gnumeric
> lacked PRINTING and GRAPHS and STUFF ANY MORON NEEDS IN A SPREADSHEET.

Had graphs for ages, had printing for ages, and the current (surprisingly
stable) unstable versions are getting pivot table support.

> 	It's been a while, and I generally stick to koffice when I need to do
> 	spreadsheet stuff.  How has gnumeric come along?

Rockin'. Check out the 1.1.x versions, it's going very nicely (much nicer
than (Star|Open)Office).

- Jeff

--
                              Perl - The Movie