Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Fri Jan 3 14:47:53 PST 2003

On Friday 03 January 2003 06:22, Larry M. Augustin wrote:
> Boy, that brings back memories...  A classic example of how a couple of days
> of hacking can create something that's "good enough" that it lasts for a
> *long* time.

I still remember the script was called mkq (make quote).

I thought my scripts were something that was "good enough" for VA also, but
they stayed in use for about 1.5 years. Originally they were only supposed to
be used for a month or two.

Your quote script beat that by a mile though, it was probably used for about
4 years at least, heck I'd really think it was funny if VA *or* California
Digital were using mkq to this day...I mean, I can actually see Doug using
sed, awk, grep, emacs, and mkq once again at California Digital...:-/

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.