[linux-elitists] Outlook corrupts

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Fri Jan 3 04:47:01 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 07:04:09PM -0500, Matthew W. Miller wrote:

> (Incidentally: Please put replies after quotes.  Thank you.  Also,
> please don't quote entire messages.  Or if you absitively posolutely
> MUST quote the entire message, don't quote .sigs and mailing list tags.
> Yes, it is worth the time taken.  No, it is not a waste of effort.
> Thank you.)

The problem is that Larry still uses Outlook, although he apparently
configured exim to strip his outlook headers, but it's still obvious
that he uses outlook from the broken quoting style it imposes on its
users, and the fact that outlook doesn't know an envelope from from a
header from any more that it knows its ass from a hole in the ground

The easy "proof" is Larry's quote:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:36:47PM -0800, Larry M. Augustin wrote:
> >From: linux-elitists-admin@zgp.org On Behalf Of Don Marti

That's outlook for you right here

I was very saddened the day I saw Larry switch to outlook at VA, and I'm
surprized that he still uses it.

Larry, aren't you better off with gnus that you know so well, or mutt,
or something that doesn't auto-run any harmful code that you can throw
at it?

begin  did you ever fix this outlook?
Hi Larry :-)

Marc