Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Fri Jan 3 02:14:33 PST 2003

On Thursday 02 January 2003 19:39, Rob Walker wrote:
> http://www.sql-ledger.com

I think you mentioned this a month or two back, but I hadn't looked at it
yet. Thanks for posting this, it looks pretty nice and the invoices look very
nice to me. Interesting it uses latex to print. LMA wrote a invoice printing
script using latex that was used at VA for quite some time, even after I was
gone from there...that sure got it's milage...

> With SQL-ledger, port forwarding, SSL, one can get to their accounting
> system from a customers' site, and email or print out an invoice before
> leaving the site, in the case of on-site consulting.

I like that, very sweet, and easy to access over the web. I already have
postgres running locally, although I admit to using MySQL more often,
postgres is the better solution with better SQL and transaction logs
(although MySQL 4 is adding transaction logs, the SQL is still not as
complete as DB2 or Oracle or PostgreSQL). I installed sql-ledger, but don't
have it completely configured yet. Thanks for bringing that up!

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.