Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 2 22:56:50 PST 2003

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net):

[gives example of a rare case where top-posting is logical]

Excellent point.  Above you'll see something a reasonable person might
do instead of posting a very long piece of quoted text.  The obvious
_other_ alternative is:

Quoting Larry M. Augustin:

> Personally, I prefer the reply to come *before* quotes if the quoted
> text is long....

To quote only the _relevant_ portion.

Intelligent quoting used to be commonplace, and is _still_ a good idea.
Citing its rarity as somehow justifying top-posting is a bit silly.

--
Cheers,           "I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate
Rick Moen         those who do.  And, for the people who like country music,