Larry M. Augustin lma@lmaugustin.com
Thu Jan 2 21:45:51 PST 2003

> From Nick Moffitt
> >begin Larry M. Augustin  quotation:
> > OK, I'll try the new SO6.
> >
> > But I'm wary of the "new release is a completely different beast"
> > argument.  It sounds an awful lot like something MS might say.  (As
> > in Windows 95/98 sucked, but WinXP is a completely different beast.)
>
> 	Isn't it, though?  I hear many glowing reports from folks who
> expected little from Microsoft.

Yes.  I've installed XP for several people, and it's been very stable.  It's
nothing like 95/98.  I put it on Andrea's machine for her games, and I only
have to reboot for upgrades.  (MS hasn't fixed that yet. :-))  Even games
that need to run in Win95/Win98 compatibility mode never crash the machine.

> A: No.
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?

Personally, I prefer the reply to come *before* quotes if the quoted text is
long, and *after* the quote if it's in response some specific part of the
posting.  I hate scrolling through a bunch of stuff I've seen before to find
what the person said.