GUI/CLI mail client (was Re: [linux-elitists] What's some marketing buzzwords for what we do?)

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Jan 2 20:24:53 PST 2003

begin Marc MERLIN quotation of Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 07:27:55PM +0100:

> We already answered this question. '.' is the folder separator used in
> the IMAP protocol for Courier, cyrus, ms exchange, and just about any
> other imap server outside of uwimap

OK, I understand why it would be

experts.mail.marc

(so people could have folder names with / in them) but why do they do

.experts.mail.marc

?

Seems like the initial . is just a deliberate poke in the eye of
ls and impediment to non-IMAP access to the same Maildir directories.

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the