Larry M. Augustin lma@lmaugustin.com
Thu Jan 2 13:36:47 PST 2003

I have not tried Abiword in a long time, but I will apt-get it and try it
out.  It wouldn't surprise me if the password protection stuff was crap.
Most of that stuff is.

My favorite is password protected pdf files.  Yeah, right.

Ok, I just followed the links and tried opening the files in Office XP.  No
passwords.  I think maybe the DOT got wise and quietly moved things because
the target Web page says "General Information ... suitable for public
distribution."

Larry

--
Larry M. Augustin, lma@lmaugustin.com
Tel: +1.650.966.1759, Fax: +1.650.966.1753