Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Jan 2 12:45:17 PST 2003

begin Nick Moffitt quotation of Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 12:29:24PM -0800:

> 	Does it have GRAPHS yet?  I recall a list conversation where
> LMA pulled out "pivot tables" as some obscure feature that gnumeric
> lacked.  He was trying to shoot down a "gnumeric is good enough" rant,
> but the REAL winner was that gnumeric lacked PRINTING and GRAPHS and
> STUFF ANY MORON NEEDS IN A SPREADSHEET.

I print from gnumeric all the time, but haven't done a graph yet.
I tried a graph on a Debian install and it silently fails unless you

sudo apt-get install libguppi16

Now it works.

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/doc/graphs.html

> 	It's been a while, and I generally stick to koffice when I
> need to do spreadsheet stuff.  How has gnumeric come along?

It works for me but my level of spreadsheet knowledge is low.

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the