Larry M. Augustin lma@lmaugustin.com
Thu Jan 2 08:53:19 PST 2003

Nope, I never used MS Word 2 or MS Word 6.  My first introduction to Word
was Office 2000 and now Office XP, neither of which have ever crashed or
lost data for me.

But you have to understand just how bad was my experience with StarOffice
5.2.  It would crash during almost every editing session.  With buggy
software you tend to recognize features that cause crashes and learn to
avoid them.  With StarOffice 5.2, I never really found the tricks.  If I
worked only on simple documents, didn't share files with MS Office, and
stuck to the default templates, it generally worked OK.  But of course it's
the complicated stuff that you want it for.

Larry

--
Larry M. Augustin, lma@lmaugustin.com