GUI/CLI mail client (was Re: [linux-elitists] What's some marketing buzzwords for what we do?)

Adam Lazur adam@lazur.org
Wed Jan 1 14:46:49 PST 2003

Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net) said:
> 	I always just run "screen -r -d" as a matter of habit.  I
> actually ssh into zork twice on identically-sized xterms and run
> "screen -r -d" in one (for mail) and "screen -x" in the other (for
> IRC).  I ^An and ^Ap around to get to shells in whichever window
> doesn't have something of immediate concern to me at the moment.

FWIW, I use "screen -A -x -RR" as the DWIM screen commandline.

It attaches to a screen session if one exists, otherwise it starts up a
new session. (NOTE: b/c the screen cmdline parser is buggy, the order of
the options matters). Used in combination with a shell alias or wrapper
script, it becomes a simple way to always maintain a single screen
session on each host.

--
Adam Lazur, Cluster Monkey