[linux-elitists] RedHat drops the other shoe

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Thu Feb 27 10:55:22 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 13:45, Steve Beattie wrote:

> apt-rpm is definitely the way to go

Oh my fscking gods, yes!

I've been using apt-rpm for a few months now, and I just love the
versatility of rpm's specfile-management, rpmrc configuration
multi-staged building and such combined with apt's "just get the damn
package for me" and the wonderful versatility of the sources.list file.

I do wish there were some sort of meta-apt repository so that I could
say something like "apt-get sources gcc3" and have it download a proper
sources.list config for some crackpot out there who's gotten gcc3
working on 7.3.

Still and all, it's a wonderful tool!