[linux-elitists] RedHat drops the other shoe

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Thu Feb 27 09:13:21 PST 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 09:22:16AM -0500, Shawn McMahon wrote:

> Fortunately I have apt-rpm on there and don't use up2date to keep my
> system updated, but I wonder what affect all of the Red Hat systems that
> will suddenly no longer be getting security updates are going to have on
> the 'net?

They will just have to download and apply them like everyone used to
before they came up with up2date.  Can't expect to get ease of use for
free anymore these days :)

I too use apt-rpm, but it seems like the repositories lag behind the
security updates by a week or so.  Is this just me, or are there better
apt-rpm repositories than the freshrpms.net site?

thanks,

greg k-h