[linux-elitists] RedHat drops the other shoe

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Thu Feb 27 06:22:16 PST 2003

Well, well.  My one and only Red Hat system is also my one and only
Red Hat Network free subscription.

RH just sent me an email stating that I have 7 days to fill out a survey
to extend my "demo" account another 60 days.  The implication in the
email is that after that 60 days, there are no freebies any longer.

Fortunately I have apt-rpm on there and don't use up2date to keep my
system updated, but I wonder what affect all of the Red Hat systems that
will suddenly no longer be getting security updates are going to have on
the 'net?

--
Shawn McMahon           | Imagine people who are just subscribing coming
Episode IV Consulting   | onto this thread and deciding that the entire