[linux-elitists] Re: H1-B

billy@damaged-world.net billy@damaged-world.net
Thu Feb 20 01:28:12 PST 2003

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 12:31:02PM -0500, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 04:54:02PM -0800, billy@damaged-world.net said:
> > 	My only comment on the H1B problem is:
> > 	Open the fucking boarders. If Americans can't compete they don't
> > 	deserve the jobs anyway.
> That'd be nice, except we give free everything to anyone who asks.

	Well, that would have to change wouldn't it?

> Open up the borders to anybody with the following conditions all true:
> 1.  No violent criminal record OR a credible claim of said record being
> political persecution.
> 2.  A job already offered OR a certain amount of savings in the bank,
> sufficient to mean they won't be on welfare in the next couple of years.

	Just eliminate Federal transfter payments (Welfare, agricultural
	subsidies, Social inSecurity etc.) and this is not needed.

> 3.  Sufficient ability to speak and read English so that they can
> fill out job applications, read road signs, and understand police

	Most Californian agricultural workers get by without this.

> officers saying "take your hand out of your pocket or I'm going to
> have to shoot you, sir" or similar commands.

	You don't need a common language to get this point across.

> 4.  Documentation of their identity OR a credible claim that lack of
> said documentation is due to political persecution.

	Fuck that. Seriously fuck that. I don't want that for people
	BORN here.

> 5.  Fingerprints that aren't in the database of people we've already
> thrown out or asked not to come.

	Do you keep and store the fingerprints of somone who hasn't
	commited a crime?

--
[rock] "is sung, played, and written for the most part by cretinous goons. By
means of its almost imbecilic reiteration it manages to be the martial music