[linux-elitists] Re: H1-B

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Wed Feb 19 12:53:13 PST 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:22:44PM -0800, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> > They offered  me the  opportunity to work  with linux, not  to get  my green
> > card. I was happy to work there, but I'm not particularly thankful: I worked
> > my ass off, and VA got plenty for their money.
>
> Yes, you certainly are ungrateful, they could have never done it without
> you.<cough>

We both know that's not true, but feel free to try to smear me anyway.

My point, again, since it's not the first time you carefully avoid trying to
understand/acknowledge it, is:
VA doesn't have to feel thankful that that I worked there, and I don't have
to feel thankful to have worked there either (yet you keep trying to get me
to say that I'm thankful to work here, sorry, won't happen)
They paid a fair amount of money for me, I worked a lot of them, each side
got their fair share.

The day they felt they didn't need me anymore (or my manager for that
matter), they canned both of us without thinking twice about it, and even
after multiple people told them it was a stupid decision.
Personally, they did me a favor, Robert Flemming also left them mostly because
of where the company was going and because they had fired our manager (Tony)
Now, outside of Rob Lemley, their IT is fucked, and honestly, I couldn't
care less.

> > I think this discussion can end here, most people don't really care.
>
> Certainly can. Rick has a great bumper sticker for your Miata!<LOL!>

Don't know what it is, but I don't care.

Marc