[linux-elitists] BALUG or SVLUG?

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Tue Feb 18 19:47:33 PST 2003

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 05:59:47PM -0800, David L. Sifry wrote:
> Basically, I've found that doing the opposite of whatever Nick Moffitt
> does works out well.  Some examples:
>
> I got thinner, landed a better job, and I'm happier.

ROTFL :-)
I also find it a real bitch to drive there and park. I really love
BALUG, but it's too hard to leave at 17:30 to be on time.

> As the VP of BALUG, I'd love to extend the invitation for you to speak.
> SVLUG is a great organization too, and you can't go wrong at either
> LUG.  It really comes down to when you're planning on being in the bay
> area - if it is on the first Wednesday of the month, go to San Jose and
> speak at SVLUG.  If it is the third Tuesday of the month, come on up to
> BALUG.

I'd say the same thing (as VP of SVLUG). See whether tuesday or
wednesday is best for you, and also see whether you'll be closer to the
south bay or to san francisco.
Both LUGs are fine, and either way, we wouldn't have both you anyway
since there is a sizeable amount of our members that go to both, so we
try to not have the same speakers at the same time.

Marc

PS: Svlug has *lots* of parking on site ;-)