[linux-elitists] BALUG or SVLUG?

David L. Sifry david@sifry.com
Tue Feb 18 17:59:47 PST 2003

Basically, I've found that doing the opposite of whatever Nick Moffitt
does works out well.  Some examples:

I got thinner, landed a better job, and I'm happier.

As the VP of BALUG, I'd love to extend the invitation for you to speak.
SVLUG is a great organization too, and you can't go wrong at either
LUG.  It really comes down to when you're planning on being in the bay
area - if it is on the first Wednesday of the month, go to San Jose and
speak at SVLUG.  If it is the third Tuesday of the month, come on up to
BALUG.

Either way, we'd love to have 'ya.

Dave

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 17:48, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> begin  Jeff Weff  quotation:
> > So, if I were doing a GNOME Pimpin' World Tour, and could only stop
> > at one of BALUG or SVLUG when in that general area, to which LUG
> > would I submit a talk proposal?
>
> 	BALUG is in San Francisco, home of the fun stuff to do and
> keen gear galore.  It's got transit like a mofo, and a kung-fu grip.
> It's also an old dead shadow of a LUG run by failed dotcomistos.
>
> 	SVLUG is huge, has a full-on speaker format, but is in the
> strip-mall office-park HELL that is San Jose in the post-80s.  To
> quote JWZ: "san jose is hell on earth"
>
> 	http://www.jwz.org/gruntle/cesspool.html
>
> 	So do SVLUG, but then hitch your ass up to San Francisco
> proper.  Do NOT drink the water down there.
David L. Sifry
GPG Key: http://www.sifry.com/david/key.html
Key Fingerprint: 7E60 4EDE EB5F AA2D 2F25  8CD3 FE17 C4F8 BDE8 D1B0