[linux-elitists] BALUG or SVLUG?

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue Feb 18 17:48:12 PST 2003

begin  Jeff Weff  quotation:
> So, if I were doing a GNOME Pimpin' World Tour, and could only stop
> at one of BALUG or SVLUG when in that general area, to which LUG
> would I submit a talk proposal?

	BALUG is in San Francisco, home of the fun stuff to do and
keen gear galore.  It's got transit like a mofo, and a kung-fu grip.
It's also an old dead shadow of a LUG run by failed dotcomistos.

	SVLUG is huge, has a full-on speaker format, but is in the
strip-mall office-park HELL that is San Jose in the post-80s.  To
quote JWZ: "san jose is hell on earth"

	http://www.jwz.org/gruntle/cesspool.html

	So do SVLUG, but then hitch your ass up to San Francisco
proper.  Do NOT drink the water down there.