[linux-elitists] Re: H1-B

Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Tue Feb 18 01:30:22 PST 2003

On Monday 17 February 2003 22:24, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> Many sold, I could have too. Either way, I never got the option of doing
> either.

You got your green card, which is actually a heck of a lot more than most of
the people ended up with that had options.

Many sold???? By the time most of them reached their cliff and could sell,
the price was down in the toilet at a level that they gained very little. In
fact, many of the people had options that were under water by the time they
could sell, and they would still be under water!

Reading about you loosing $500,000 makes me want to get my violin out and
play a song...you didn't loose anything...you gained a green card, and that's
more than a lot of people gained from VA...that's something to be thankful
for in itself.

The $$$s were all irrelevant, IMO, VA was a great place to work and nobody
should feel they lost anything by being there. History was made there, and
it's gonna be a long time before someone else steps up to the plate and takes
that away...Wall Street, the true sport of kings...

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.