[linux-elitists] Re: H1-B

billy@damaged-world.net billy@damaged-world.net
Mon Feb 17 16:54:02 PST 2003

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 08:48:43AM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 08:29:14AM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> - I personally lost about 500,000 dollars in stock options that I could
>   actually have sold by not being able to join VA Research as an
>   employee when I wanted to do so, because I was working for Taos which
>   was sponsoring me for my green card.

	You also missed out on being utterly crushed when the stock you
	didn't sell became almost worthless.

> - I can assure you that I didn't displace any US worker when I went to
>   Taos: they hired everyone with skill that they could find

	s/with skill //

	I've worked with quite a few Taos and Ex-Taos people over the
	last 3 years, and while many of them were fine Admins, there
	were a few I wouldn't let anywhere near my racks.

	My only comment on the H1B problem is:

	Open the fucking boarders. If Americans can't compete they don't
	deserve the jobs anyway.

--
[rock] "is sung, played, and written for the most part by cretinous goons. By
means of its almost imbecilic reiteration it manages to be the martial music