[linux-elitists] For the non-elite: a Knoppix for the masses FAQ

Jan Wender j.wender@science-computing.de
Sun Feb 16 23:10:53 PST 2003

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 01:09:01AM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> In the spirit of bringing GNU/Linux awareness to the masses, I've burned
> a spool of 50 CDs with the v3.1 1-2003-20-EN Knoppix release.  I'm
> handing these out to the man/woman on the street.  Total cost, about $25

As a side note, the german computer magazine c't included a Knoppix Office CD
in its 4/2003 issue.

It contains a specially crafted Knoppix release (c't people together with
Klaus Knopper) and some additional software.

Links (in german):

Linux as desktop alternative (http://www.heise.de/ct/03/04/094/)
and
Knoppix: The Linux on the Issue-CD (http://www.heise.de/ct/03/04/098/)

Cheerio,
Jan Wender
--
J.Wender@science-computing.de  -  Fon +4970719457-257 Fax-211
science+computing ag - Hagellocher Weg 71-75 - 72070 Tübingen