[linux-elitists] For the non-elite: a Knoppix for the masses FAQ

Phil Hughes fyl@a42.com
Sat Feb 15 17:40:43 PST 2003

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 01:09:01AM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> In the spirit of bringing GNU/Linux awareness to the masses, I've burned
> a spool of 50 CDs with the v3.1 1-2003-20-EN Knoppix release.  I'm
> handing these out to the man/woman on the street.  Total cost, about $25
> for media and sleeves.  Hand-labling the disks has been the slow
> part....  Those 40x burners are nice.
>
> I've handed out about a half-dozen of these to date, though without
> additional information (I've usually spent a few minutes describing the
> disk instead).

One additional use is to go to Office Depot, Fry's, CompUSA, ..., put
one in a computer and press reset. There is potentially high amusement
value here.
--
Phil Hughes, fyl@a42.com  Phone/FAX: 506-483-1265
Aptdo. 89-4060, Alajuela, Costa Rica