[linux-elitists] Embedded development board

Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Thu Feb 13 12:11:23 PST 2003

On Thursday 13 February 2003 10:29, Dan Wilder wrote:
> Have you looked at
>
> http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT4313418436.html

I was looking around there last night and was just poking around more. I
found one company with an arm7 that is Bluetooth capable, and has a DSP, that
looks ok but I would really prefer 802.11b and DSP if I could only get one
other stack with DSP. That TI package with the arm 925T and OMAP 5910 looks
sweet, and the dev board is not too bad, I think about $3k.

I got a callback from the MontaVista folks today and they *might* be willing
to deal on their pricing, but I suspect they're gonna be pretty firm from the
sounds of it.

Motorola just announced a new cell phone using that chipset, and are
partnering up with MontaVista. That's kind of ironic, since as I mentioned to
MontaVista that Metrowerks bought was was left on the floor from Lineo, and
they're owned by Motorola. Oddly, Metrowerks told them they were more
interested in the tools that Embedix had and were interested in trying to use
MontaVista, which he said he'll believe when he sees it.;-)

Hard to tell how much funding the folks I'm talking with can get, so I don't
know I'll be able to use the MontaVista stuff.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.