[linux-elitists] Embedded development board

Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Thu Feb 13 10:20:59 PST 2003

On Thursday 13 February 2003 06:37, Rich Bodo wrote:
> We have worked with the Axis chips before (developer.axis.com).
> Unfortunately we caught them just as they were being released and so
> had to work through bugs for several months.  They should be pretty
> mature by now.  I don't know if they have everything you need, but
> they aren't going to charge you much for a development board running
> Linux.

Thanks for the tip, their prices look good, but the feature set is lacking
for some things I need. I was hoping to find an integrated DSP is possible.
The TI arm 925T with OMAP 5910 has DSP, 802.11b, and Bluetooth, all of which
would be nice.

Axis does have a Bluetooth board and an Access Point for it, but that doesn't
have any DSP or 802.11b.

I need to keep looking. Axis did have a MIPS board, and I've heard that some
of the MIPS chips did have DSPs in them, I think that is why TiVo changed
over to MIPS, as compression is often included in the DSPs.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.