[linux-elitists] Shrinkwrap licenses challenged by Ira Rothken

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Mon Feb 10 13:22:58 PST 2003

(via IP)

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-983988.html

This isn't as broad as I'd like, since it doesn't question (but
perhaps doesn't necessarily assume) that shrinkwrap licenses are
actually contracts.  But it's really very nice to see.  I just
read the complaint, and it seems to have definite Windows Refund
implications.  One of the specific allegations in the complaint is
that software vendors failed to offer refunds to customers who
refused to agree to license terms.  And the complaint asks for an
injunction requiring vendors to grant refunds to those customers.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org> | Reading is a right, not a feature!
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   |                 -- Kathryn Myronuk