[linux-elitists] Fwd: [declan@well.com: FC: DOJ quietly drafts USA Patriot II, includes anti-crypto section]

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Mon Feb 10 06:08:47 PST 2003

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 05:32:51PM +0000, Karsten M. Self said:

> I'm arguing strongly against passing more bad laws which result in yet
> another legal battlefield we've got to expend efforts on, such as:

Ah.  You're arguing with the wrong guy, then; I'm not saying the law
was a good thing we should support, I'm saying that we can make some
lemonade from the lemons and use a part of the law they hadn't
considered against it.

> Then require all three strikes to be violent crimes.

Again, California is the abberation.  You guys should really clean that
place up, it's embarrassing the rest of us.

--
Shawn McMahon         | Every time you walk out of the house
FedEx Services        | with clothes on, you give up freedom