[linux-elitists] defanging TCPA?

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Sat Feb 8 14:03:14 PST 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 04:31:52PM -0800, billy@damaged-world.net said:

> 	(The truth is that with OS 8/9 and the iMac Apple got it right.
> 	My daughter has one of these machines in Back Woods Lousiana. It
> 	hasn't been serviced since 1998).

You're confusing "nobody bothers to hack it" with "secure", I think.

In other words, trying to spell security "L-U-C-K".  That usually works,
but decreasingly so lately.

> 	Meaning you wind up with buggy programs with crap interfaces and
> 	you *cannot* fix them.

My Nokia 6340i crashes and reboots.  I don't have time to physically go
to the store to swap it out, and no confidence that will fix the problem
since my wife's 6340i periodically loses it's mind and sounds like a
rushing wind instead of a person until rebooted.  I feel your pain.

If the phone hadn't cost me something like -$0.03 I'd be more pissed.
:-)

--
Shawn McMahon         | Every time you walk out of the house
FedEx Services        | with clothes on, you give up freedom